Skip to main content

Planny McPlannertons

I can't thank everyone enough for their continued prayers, positive thoughts, and words of encouragement.  After my last post, life went back to normal and I regained my strength again. I think the hardest part was waiting two weeks to heal properly which meant my running went out the window and I didn't feel like my energetic self.  Luckily it went by fast and I was quick to recover.  My post op appointment was Monday, September 19th and as I began that sunny drive to Mason, I turned the radio off to say a prayer and was then on my way.  I am so glad I did.

The doctor met me in this mini-conference room where she gave me an update of how the surgery went and showed me those lovely pictures you all got to see on my last post.  She was happy with the surgery and her confidence made me feel good about it.  She also told me the polyps were benign (I kind of forgot they even checked to see if they were Cancerous which is a totally normal precaution), so that was great to hear!  She then told me that my blood test came back in regards to my egg reserve.  This part baffles me. So apparently I am Miss Fertile Myrtle in the egg department.  I have a higher than normal egg count and to be honest, I felt a giant HELL YEAH to that.  After hearing about how I had a septum and likely PCOS, hearing something along the opposite end of the spectrum was pretty darn sweet.  Well done eggs, well done.

Our next topic was on the new plan.  I gave her my theory that since a year ago in November we got pregnant from fertility medication and then miscarried since I had the septum, it only makes sense that since now that it was removed, we try fertility meds again.  I just don't want to jump into IUI yet.  I am willing to do it and definitely will if need be, but want 3-4 months with this route first.  She was more than ok with this and suggested a generic brand of Femara-Letrozol. This drug is used in women with breast cancer but also aids in ovulation which I do not do on my own.  She even prescribed me with injectables which are shots I inject in my tummy to help support the Letrozol.  I am really excited to have a plan in place.  We will try it for the next few months and if we don't get pregnant , then after the first the year we will try IUI.  For those of you who know me and others who have gotten to know me through my blog, you know how Type A I  am and therefore know how much having a plan makes me feel good.  This portion of the plan may work and it may not, but I feel good regardless to start trying again.  I also must say how pumped I am that we are using Femara versus Chlomid.  Remember my reference to the "Chlomid Moments?"  Yeah......that won't happen with Femara!  So no night sweats and I won't cry/yell at my previous boss like I did last year! Alan, if you are reading this.........still so very sorry.  Back to my point.  I've read the Femara (Letrozol) is much easier on the body and emotions so I welcome it with open arms.  I will start this phase in October and we shall see from there!  So I will talk to you in a few months my baby bump followers.  But before I go I want to leave you with this.  Today my coworker had her beautiful baby girl and it felt so wonderful to see this little angel's face via text.  I did't feel sad or like it would never happen for me.  No. I felt legitimatly happy for another person and the miracle of giving birth to her beautiful baby.  It doesn't happen the same way for all of us on our road to parenthood, but if that's what we want, it will happen.  We just need to have faith and trust in the bigger plan.  Love to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We are Fighters

I didn't expect to have an update this soon, but what I need to realize is I need to stop having any expectations.  I have no clue which obstacles will continue, how high or low the hills will be, and there is not a single thing I can do about it.  The reason I say this is because I didn't think my appointment on Monday to have the ultrasound would be a big deal.  My husband, Tim, insisted my mom come with me since he had to work and I asked her even though I saw no point.  This wasn't supposed to be a big appointment and I already knew what the situation was.  I knew I had a heart-shaped uterus so what else was there to worry about?  Wrong again. As I'm sitting on the table with the nurse examining my lady business, I asked her what she saw.  Of course she played it safe and told me my doctor would go over everything with me.  She was nice about it, but it still annoyed me.  Just tell me already, no your not a doctor but you also know what you are looking at.  Luck

New Beginnings

 I’ve been drafting this in my head for days. It has been 5 days since our second child was born and even typing the word “second” feels surreal and still selfish. The selfishness comes from when I was yearning for just one.  Looking back at my first post, I need to tell that girl that her journey would be long and there would be times she would feel hopeless, lost, and alone. I would also tell her she needs to be strong because each bump on this treacherous road would lead her to exactly where she was meant to be.  I am not going to lie and say I was ever truly confident during this pregnancy. I was terrified  all the time. It was a version of PTSD where I kept waiting for the loss to happen. That doesn’t mean I didn’t enjoy and soak in carrying our second little one. I soaked in every minute, but I just made sure to leave enough of a guard up, just in case.  What I couldn’t have predicted was how successful this pregnancy would be. Every time I was met with a scare, this little one s

A Competent Cervix Success Story After a LEEP and IVF

  We all know Dr. Google can be pretty negative when all we really want is to find some reassuring news. This was all I wanted when I found out that the combination of my LEEP procedure (scraping early Cancer off my cervix) and IVF can lead to an incompetent cervix. An incompetent cervix is when your cervix basically can’t handle pregnancy and you deliver early without typical contractions.  My OB informed me they would be monitoring every two weeks from weeks 16 - 24 to measure and make sure no folding occurs. What did I do the minute I got in the car? I searched for any success stories, which ended up being hard to come by. My hope is that my success story will reassure others.  Biweekly Monitoring If you find yourself in this situation, you’ll get to see your little every two weeks with cute ultrasound pics included. It was really nice getting extra face time with our growing peanut. We also got to see his heartbeat  and, after three losses, this was really reassuring. These ultraso